Now, you may be trying to find Malfunctioning Vending Machines in Fortnite. However, you do not know where to go in the game. Here, I will inform you where you have to go to find Malfunctioning Vending Machines in Fortnite.
The Locations of Malfunctioning Vending Machines in Fortnite
It may be hard for you to find Malfunctioning Vending Machines locations in Fortnite Chapter 3 because they spawn at random. However, according to the Dexerto site, here are the locations of Malfunctioning Vending Machines in Fortnite.
Across the Fortnite map, you are able to find a lot of Vending Machines. It makes players have chances to spend their Gold Bars, which are hard to earn, on weapons or healing items. However, Malfunctioning Vending Machines are a different thing. This malfunctioning vending machine does not offer you a few items to choose from. It will not tell you what you will get before you put your Gold Bars. So, it can be a very rare weapon which can help you to win, but it can also be something useless.
To be able to complete your weekly challenges in Fortnite Chapter 3, you need to find one of these Malfunctioning Vending Machines. As explained earlier, in Fortnite, Malfunctioning Vending Machines spawn at random. It means that you will have to search around as many vending machines as you can until you are able to find one which is malfunctioning.
The sign that you have found a Malfunctioning Vending Machines is that it will show a red screen with an exclamation point. You do not have to interact with it to see whether it is malfunctioning.
The thing that you have to do to find a malfunctioning vending machine is to land in an area which has a lot of Vending Machines such as Coney Crossroads or Sleepy Sound. After that, you have to get a car and drive past all of the Vending Machines in the area.
It is important for you to know that Vending Machines are not marked on the big island map. However, they will appear on the in-game minimap when they are near.
There are a number of locations where you are able to find vending machines in Fortnite such as LogJam Lumberyard, Sleepy Sound, Shifty Shafts, The Daily Bugle, Coney Crossroads, Camp Cuddle, Sanctuary, Greasy Grove, Condo Canyon, The Joneses, Rocky Reels and Chonker’s Speedway.
However, you need to note that any one of these Vending Machines is able to be a Malfunctioning Vending Machine since different ones will malfunction in each match. After you find one, then you have to buy an item.
On the Dexerto site, it is explained that they could find a Malfunctioning Vending Machine at The Daily Bugle, outside the ground floor of the main building. So, you may be able to start to search for a malfunctioning vending machine here.
On the PCGamer site, it is also explained that the two main areas to find a Malfunctioning Vending Machine are Coney Crossroads and Sleepy Sound. In each area, there are three vending machines that you are able to check. These vending machines are able to be found by looking at your minimap for the vending machine symbol. The symbol is a small white rectangle. After you are close enough to a vending machine, there will be an interactive symbol appears.
Some Youtube Videos About Finding Malfunctioning Vending Machines in Fortnite
You are also able to watch how other players try to find malfunctioning vending machines in Fortnite. Here are some Youtube videos that you are able to watch about finding Malfunctioning Vending Machines in Fortnite.
- A video from RutgerK entitled How to Find Malfunctioning Vending Machine Location – Purchase Random Item [Fortnite Week 6 Quest] which was uploaded on January 12th,2022. The length of the video is 3 minutes 14 seconds and it has been watched more than 6k times.
- A video from Bodil40 entitled Malfunctioning Vending Machine Best Locations & Purchase a Random Item from one (Fortnite Chapter 3) which was uploaded on January 13th, 2022. The length of the video is 3 minutes 50 seconds and it has been watched more than 10k times.
- A video from HarryNinetyFour entitled Purchase a Random Item From a Malfunctioning Vending Machine Location – Fortnite which was uploaded on January 13th, 2022. The length of the video is 1 minute 34 seconds and it has been watched more than 35k times.
- A video from Perfect Score entitled Purchase a Random Item from a Malfunctioning Vending Machine (1) – Fortnite Week 6 Season Quest which was uploaded on January 13th, 2022. The length of the video is 35 seconds and it has been watched more than 9k times.
- A video from Tabor Hill entitled Purchase A Random Item From A Malfunctioning Vending Machine which was uploaded on January 14th, 2022. The length of the video is 5 minutes 16 seconds and it has been watched more than 37k times.
About Fortnite Chapter 3: Season 1 Week 6 Quests
Here are the challenges that you have to complete in Fortnite Season 1, Week 6.
- You have to travel 100 meters while flying around a tornado (100).
- You have to damage an opponent within 45 seconds of crouching in tall grass (1).
- You have to buy a random item from a malfunctioning Vending Machine (1).
- You are required to destroy Timber Pine stumps with a melee or ranged weapon (3).
- You need to recover health by resting in a tent (30).
- You have to mark an enemy player by using a Flare Gun (1).
- You have to honk a car horn within 10 meters of an opponent (1).
Earlier, I explained about finding a malfunctioning vending machine and buying an item from that machine. After you complete this challenge, the next challenge that you have to complete is to destroy Timber Pine stumps with a melee or ranged weapon. This challenge is the same as one from week 5, but now you have to destroy the Timber Pine stumps. You have to use a melee weapon or ranged weapon to be able to complete this challenge. If you have dealt enough damage, then the main part of the tree will collapse where it leaves only a stump. If you destroy a stump, you will earn credit and if you do this a total of three times, you will finish the challenge as explained on the DigitalTrends site.