There is a Tweet of Lin Wood which states that Apple will do an update on all phones and it is done to shut off the emergency broadcast system. In the Tweet, he wants people to turn off their auto update. But why? Let’s see some information about it.
About Apple That Will Do An Update To Shut Off The Emergency Broadcast System
Regarding the information about Apple will do an update on all phones to shut off the emergency broadcast system, there are some videos on Youtube which inform you about it. One of them is a video of JustLazyGamer entitled Presidential Emergency Broadcast System – Turn Off Auto Update iPhone – Trump Emergency Broadcast. This video has been watched more than 8k times.
In the video, this Youtuber states that there is no secret mysterious Apple update to stop an emergency broadcast system because Trump is going to make some declaration. The Youtuber also states that it is not real. It is true that the presidential alert system is real. But, the information that he will use it before his term is impossible. Furthermore, in the video, this Youtuber also states that how stupid this is.
In the video, this Youtuber also shows the tweet of LLinWood which states that Apple is going to do an update on all phones to shut off the emergency broadcast system. Then, he also tweeted that this is Nazy Germany 1938. Furthermore, he asks people to turn auto update toggle off. Besides, this twitter account also tweets that we must be prepared for an imminent blackout. He tweets that President Trump will be using an emergency broadcast system. Because of this tweet, there are some people who believe in it. It is important for you to note that the reality is this emergency alert system has absolutely nothing to do with Apple.
Thing to Know About Emergency and Government Alerts on iPhone and Apple Watch
Talking about emergency broadcast system, it seems it is important for you to know about the emergency and government alerts on iPhone and Apple Watch.
According to Apple Support webpage, you are able to get emergency, government and public safety alerts on your iPhone and Apple Watch. In the event of an emergency, you might see the things below.
- Alerts that are issued by your country or the government of your region.
- Alerts which involve imminent threats to safety or life.
- Alerts which are informed for extreme weather conditions.
- AMBER alerts which are America’s Missing: Broadcast Emergency Response.
- Public Safety Alerts. But, it is important to note that AMBER alerts and Public Safety Alerts are not available in all countries or regions.
The Steps to Turn On or Off The Government Alerts
Government Alerts are turned on by default for your device. So, you do not have to turn it off by yourself except if you have turned it off in the past. If you get a government alert, there will be a special sound that you will hear and it is the same as an alarm. Do you want to turn these alerts on or off? You need to follow the steps below to be able to do that.
- The first thing that you have to do is to access the Settings on your iPhone or Apple Watch.
- After that, you have to choose Notifications.
- Then, the thing that you have to do is to scroll to the very bottom of the screen.
- Then, you have to look under Government Alerts and there you have to turn the type of alert on or off.
It is important for you to note that Government Alerts can be supported when you are using a SIM card from a supported carrier. Your Apple Watch will be able to get these alerts in case your iPhone can get them and is nearby. Or, it will happen when your Apple Watch is on a Wi-Fi network. If you have a cellular plan from a supported carrier, your Apple Watch Series 3 will be able to get these alerts without your iPhone nearby. You also need to note that in several countries, you may not be able to disable Government Alerts.
How to Select to Get Test Emergency Alerts in the United States?
You are able to enable Test Emergency Alerts when your iPhone is connected to a carrier in the United States using a US SIM or while roaming in the United States. It will be turned off by default. If you get this type of alert, there will be a sound that you will hear and as explained earlier that it is the same as an alarm. The alert will mention that it is a test . If you want to turn these alerts on or off, you have to follow the steps below.
- First thing that you have to do is to open the Phone app and then you have to tap Keypad.
- If you want to turn it on, you have to enter *5005*25371# and then you have to tap on the call icon. Then, you will receive an alert which says that test alerts are enabled.
- If you want to turn it off, the thing that you have to do is to enter *5005*25370# and then you have to tap on the call icon. Then, you will receive an alert which says that the test alerts disabled.
- Don’t miss: How to See My Passwords in iCloud Keychain
For your information, government test alerts are available with US carriers and it includes Puerto Rico. The local government of yours will have a responsibility for the content and the frequency of the test alerts. If you want to disable this feature, you are able to do this anytime by following the steps that we have explained above. If you need more information about it, you are able to contact your carrier.
Well, that’s the information that we can give to you related to the emergency broadcast system from the iPhone. If you need more information related to this thing, you are able to read the other articles.