Microsoft seems to want to keep users happy by giving away gift cards that can be redeemed easily. To redeem the gift card or code, you will have to log into a Microsoft Account. Of course, there are some advantages you can get after redeeming a gift card or code.
If you want to redeem a gift card or code to your Microsoft Account but you do not know how to do it, you shouldn’t worry, since this post will show you the guide to redeem a gift card or code to your Microsoft Account. Okay, let’s dive into our post to find out the guide of redeeming a gift card or code to your Microsoft Account!
Redeeming a Gift Card or Code to Your Microsoft Account, Here’s How!
Redeeming a gift card or code to your Microsoft Account is pretty straightforward. The way to redeem a gift card or code to your Microsoft Account will be different depending on the platform.
There are at least three methods to redeem a gift card or code to your Microsoft Account, here are they:
Method 1: From Microsoft Store
Microsoft Store is one of the platforms you can use to redeem a gift card or code. It’s very easy to use Microsoft Store app since the app is available on your Windows PC, tablets, smartphone and other devices.
If you prefer to use Microsoft Store to redeem a gift card or code to your Microsoft Account, here’s how to redeem a gift card or code from Microsoft Store!
- First, you need to log into your ‘Microsoft Account’ using your phone number, email and Skype ID.
- Then, you can go to ‘Taskbar’ and then click the ‘Microsoft Store’ icon to launch the program. Aside from that, you can look for it in the Windows search bar and open it from there.
- If you use Windows 11, you can choose your profile icon. If you use Windows 10, you can choose the ‘Three Dots’ next to your profile icon.
- You can choose ‘Redeem code or gift cards’.
- By clicking on it, a pop-up window will open.
- Here, you have to enter the 25-character code’ that you want to redeem in the blank box and then click the ‘Next’.
- After the procedure is completed, your Microsoft Redeem Code or card will be redeemed.
Okay, that’s how to redeem a gift card or code to your Microsoft Account through Microsoft Store app.
Method 2: Redeem Microsoft Account Code Online
You can also redeem a gift card or code to your Microsoft Account online on the Microsoft Website. This way is very great for those who do not want to use Microsoft Store apps or do not have the app.
Here’s how to redeem Microsoft Account code online!
- On your browser, you can go to the ‘Microsoft Redeem’ page here.
- After you are at the Microsoft Redeem page, you will need to log into your account.
- You can log into your Microsoft account using your credentials.
- After logging in, you can type 25-character code.
- You can then click ‘Next’ once you have entered the code.
- Afterwards, you have to confirm that the product has been added to your account by clicking ‘Confirm’.
That’s how to redeem a gift card or code to your Microsoft Account online.
Method 3: From Xbox One Console
If you are using Xbox One Console, you can redeem a gift card or code to your Microsoft Account. To do this, you should ensure that you’re connected to the internet and logged into your Microsoft Account. You can now do the following steps:
- First, you can open the ‘Xbox’ console.
- You can then go to the ‘Microsoft Store’.
- After that, you can go to the ‘Redeem’ option from the left pane.
- You can then enter your ‘Microsoft Redeem Code’ and choose ‘OK’.
Okay, that’s how to redeem a gift card or code on Xbox One.
Well, those are three ways you can redeem a gift card or code to your Microsoft Account.
What Are the Gift Cards or Code for After Redeeming?
After the gift cards or code are redeemed, you can use it in the following ways:
- A gift card or code contains money, you can use the money to purchase things from online stores. After redeeming, the money will be applied to your account.
- If you use a gift card or code to open or buy a certain app/ game, the app will be added to your library ready to be downloaded and installed once redeeming.
- if your gift card or code is linked with a subscription, you can go to ‘Services & Subscriptions.
It’s important to note, you must have a 25-character code to buy through redeeming outside of the Microsoft online store. You can really find it on the card. Of course, you will need to check that your shopping account belongs to you.
How If You Have Trouble on Redeeming a Gift Card or Code?
When you redeem a gift card or code and you are having trouble, you may need to choose one of the following troubleshooting scenarios that best fits your issue.
- If your code cannot be redeemed after a code has been redeemed, you can try to check your order history to check if it was already redeemed on your account.
- If your code was not found, you can try to check that you entered the code correctly.
- If the code was damaged or not readable, the code may be damaged, scratched or warped in some way, so you may not be seeing the correct characters. If so, you can try to return it to the place you bought it from and explain that it couldn’t be redeemed.
- If you cannot find content once redeeming a code, you can try to look for your content once redeeming a code.
If you use Windows 10, you can try to launch the Microsoft store app on your device and then choose ‘My Library’ à ‘All owned’.
If you use Xbox One, you can see ‘How to Install games on Xbox One’ for more information.