The good news! You can now play Roblox games on the Oculus Quest 2. However, you will need to run it through your PC, as it will be compatible with VR headsets. There’s a simple way you can play Roblox on Oculus Quest that can be connected to your PC. What Should you do?
Sure, you definitely can use an Oculus link cable that is a very special kind of high-quality USB-cable. Of course, you will be able to use the original Oculus Quest 2 link cable or also any compatible third-party cable. So, how to play Roblox VR on Oculus Quest with a link cable? Let’s find out the way below!
Playing Roblox VR on Oculus Quest with Link Cable, Here’s the Guide!
In order to play Roblox with Oculus Quest , you will need Oculus Link Mode. Of course, it will take a few extra steps to set up the Oculus Quest with link cable to play Roblox VR. So, here’s how to play Roblox on Oculus Quest 2 through the Link Cable!
Step 1: Set up the Oculus Link
To set up the Oculus Link, you must visit the Oculus Setup Page here. After you are at the Oculus Setup page, find the ‘Download Software’ button and then click on it to download the Oculus App. Sure, it will take a few minutes to complete downloads.
Once the downloading is completed, install the Oculus App. Then, launch the Oculus app on your computer. After that, click on the ‘Devices’ and then click on the ‘Add Headset’ option. Here, you need to select either ‘Quest’ or Quest 2’. Then, click the ‘Continue’ button.
Now, it’s your time to connect your ‘Quest’ or ‘Quest 2’ to your computer with a link cable. To run it, you need to click on the ‘Continue’ button and last, click the ‘Close’ button.
Step 2: Put on your headset
After you connect the Oculus Quest or Oculus Quest 2 to your PC with a link cable, you can now put your headset on. Make sure to look for a data access prompt either ‘allow’ or ‘deny’ the request on your headset. However, you can deny it safely, as it does not affect the process at all.
You can then click the ‘Enable ‘ button on the headset. Then, click on the ‘Settings’ button in the Oculus App. You can then click the ‘General’ button. Last, switch to turn on the ‘Unknown Sources’ option.
Step 3: Enjoy playing Roblox VR
Once you put your headset on, you will have to find a Roblox game that supports Virtual Reality (VR). If you have found it, you should click on the ‘Play’ button. Then, you can get started playing the game after putting on your headset and connecting your PC with a Link cable to Oculus Quest.
That’s it! You successfully play the Roblox VR games after connecting your PC with Oculus Quest through a Link Cable. Now, it’s your turn to get started playing the Roblox VR games on Oculus Quest 2.
An alternative way without using a Link cable, you can also use the Air Link. But, make sure both your PC and your headset are running v28 of the Oculus software. To run it, you can do the following ways:
Settings on your PC:
On your PC, you will need to download and update the Oculus PC app. To do it, you should open the Oculus app and go to the Settings. Choose the Beta tab and choose the button beside the Air Link.
Connect from your headset for the first time:
To connect from your headset, you need to put on the Quest 2 headset . Then, hit the ‘Oculus’ icon button to bring up the universal menu. On this menu, you need to choose the ‘Settings’ After that, choose the ‘Experimental Features’.
You will need to find and choose the button beside the Air Link. Make sure to read the Air Link Requirements. Then, click the ‘Continue’ button. Here, you need to find and choose your PC in the available PCs list. Then, choose ‘Pair’. After pairing is completed, you can now click the ‘Launch’ button.
How to Enable Virtual Reality (VR) in Roblox?
In order to play Roblox VR games, you may need to turn on your VR experience with Roblox first. To turn on, you may have to ensure that you have installed Roblox. Then, you need to follow the steps below!
Before going on enabling it, you need to ensure that your device is properly connected to your PC and the VR Mode is also toggled to ‘On’ within the in-game settings. You can go to Menu -> Settings -> VR -> ON.
Here’s how to enable VR on the HTC Vive!
- From your computer, you need to open the SteamVR app.
- Ensure your based stations are powered.
- Ensure your headset is also connected to the computer through the link box.
- Then, enable the controller. To enable the controllers, you need to press the System button until you hear a beeping sound. Otherwise, if you want to disable the controllers, you need to press and hold the System button until you also hear a beeping sound.
- After that, the status lights on the hardware and status icons on the SteamVR must all be green. You may also need to press the System button on either controller to bring up the System Dashboard.
Here’s how to enable VR on Oculus Rift!
- To enable the VR on Oculus Rift, you will need to open the Oculus App and choose the ‘Gear’ icon.
- Choose the ‘Gear Settings’.
- After that, choose the ‘General’ option on the left menu.
- You can then toggle the ‘Unknown Sources’ settings. So it will appear as a check instead of an X.
- Here, you need to confirm your selection to turn on this setting.
- You should choose the ‘Play’ button on a Roblox game.
- You will then find a square screen on your PC that indicates the VR mode.
- Last, put your headset on and enjoy your game.