For those who are going to make appointments for DMV, it is important for you to know how to do that to prevent mistakes from happening. Talking about making appointments for DMV, the steps may vary depending on the state and on the service. On this page, we will focus on making appointments for services at DMV Connecticut.
There are several types of appointments at DMV Connecticut. Everything will be explained below, including how to make an appointment for each of them.
All Knowledge Tests
There are several ways to make appointments for knowledge tests, depending on the test. if you want to schedule new knowledge test appointment for non-CDL learner permit test, the steps that you have to follow include:
- Go to the Connecticut DMV Knowledge Test page at here.
- Choose Non-CDL Learner Permit Test.
- Enter personal details, including first name, middle name, last name, birth date, citizenship status, Social Security Number, phone number, email, and address.
- select Continue to Schedule Time.
- The next thing that you should do is to choose a test date and time slot for 18 and older.
- When everything is done, press the Submit button.
If you want to schedule new knowledge test appointment for CDL knowledge test, please follow the following guide instead:
- Go to the same link mentioned above.
- Choose CDL Knowledge Test.
- Verify that you meet all the requirements and are ready to proceed with scheduling by selecting the Next button.
- Provide some information such as CT license number, first name, last name, birth date, phone number, and email.
- select the Continue button and follow the rest.
For those who want to schedule a new knowledge test appointment for motorcycle permit knowledge test, the process to go through is the same as the one for CDL knowledge test.
Feel free to visit the knowledge test online scheduling page of DMV to find the details on making, changing, or cancelling a knowledge test appointment for a few things, such as:
- The permit of the learner (for non-commercial drivers)
- The permit for commercial learner (CLP)
- The permit of motorcycle learner
Road Test (for Non-Commercial Drivers)
Before making an appointment, it is important for you to check that you meet all the requirements to take a road test. Please go to http://www.ct.gov/dmv/cwp/view.asp?a=805&q=469194 to find all the requirements. If you are sure that you meet all the requirements, now you can make an appointment by reading the information below.
If it is your first time for you to make a road test appointment or if you have previously cancelled your road test appointment, follow the following steps:
- Firstly, go to link here.
- When you are there, enter your CT Learner’s permit number, first name, last name, birth date, phone number, and email.
- Do not forget to also re-enter email for accuracy.
- Lastly, select Continue.
If you want to reschedule an existing appointment or reschedule a failed road test, make sure to follow the guide below:
- Go to link here.
- There, enter the PIN.
- The final step is to press Submit.
Go to the DMV’s road test online scheduling page to know more about making, changing, or cancelling a road test appointment and to find the method to retrieve your PIN or reprint confirmation of a previously-scheduled road test appointment, or to log in as a driving school.
Road Test (for Commercial Drivers)
There are several instructions to follow to make an appointment for road test (for commercial drivers), as follows:
- First of all, you should pass a written commercial drivers knowledge test. Besides, you should also get a commercial learner’s permit (CLP).
- After doing these two, verify that you have completed the entry-level driver training or ELDT.
- Then, complete the required form that can be found at here.
- Next, send the email that consists of the required form to the Driver Education and Test Training Unit at [email protected].
- In the end, your appointment will be confirmed by the DMV within 3 business days.
License and Non-Driver ID Services
The process to make an appointment for license and non-driver ID services consists of a few steps, as follows:
- Go to CT DMV Appointment page at https://nqa3.nemoqappointment.com/Booking/Booking/Index/ct56hj7ft5.
- Choose Make an Appointment.
- Read the terms and conditions for storage of personal data.
- Tick the “I agree to the terms and conditions” button.
- select the Next button.
- Choose the office, booking queue, and date.
- Press the Next button.
- Provide personal data and select the Next button.
- Then, provide contact information.
- Finally, verify that all information entered is accurate and confirm it by pressing the Confirm booking button.
You can schedule every appointment that is related to license and non-driver ID translation online, including renewing a license, getting a replacement or duplicate license, changing name on license, getting a new non-driver ID, getting a parking placard or parking permits for disabled individuals, and getting a real ID.
For those who want to make an appointment for registration services, you can follow the same instructions as the one for license and non-driver ID services.
It is possible for you to book an appointment online to complete the services that are related to registration at a DMV office. These services include getting a new registration; transferring plates to a new vehicle; making updates to your registration; getting a temporary registration; registering a vessel or boat; replacing a lost, stolen, or damaged license plate; changing name on registration; and replacing a lost, stolen, or damaged vehicle title.
Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Services
If you want to make an appointment for commercial driver’s license (CDL) services, you can follow the same steps as to make an appointment for license and non-driver ID service. Make sure to follow every single thing well.
Remember that there is a possibility for you to book an appointment online if you want to complete some services related to CDL at a DMV office such as schedule appointment to upgrade CDL or add an endorsement, repay your CDL road test fee, and CDL renewal.
Just follow the guide to make an appointment for license and non-driver ID service if you want to make an appointment for new residents as it is the same.
In order to transfer out of state driver’s license or vehicle or vessel registration to Connecticut, you can book an appointment online.
Dealerships and Title Services
Apparently, the method to make an appointment for dealerships and title services is the same as the method to make one for license and non-driver ID service. Scroll up to find the method.
The DMV’s online system may be used by dealerships to register the new vehicle of their customer. Keep in mind that all appointments are only for those that need to register under the vehicles for their customers and there are no in-person visits to the Dealer and Repairer Unit.
Stamford DMV Express Office – LIMITED SERVICES
Just like making an appointment for license and non-driver ID services, registrations services, commercial driver’s license (CDL) services, new residents, and dealerships and title services, the way to make an appointment for Stamford DMV express office is also the same.
The Stamford DMV office refers to an express office. This one only offers limited services. Make sure to review the services offered by this office before making an appointment. These services include:
- Driver’s license services: It is limited to renewals (including CDL with no hazmat endorsement), replacement or duplicate credentials, and name changes.
- Learner’s permit services: It is limited to duplicates or replacement credentials and name changes.
- Non-driver ID: It is limited to duplicates or replacement credentials and name changes.
- Registrations: It is limited to duplicates or replacement credentials and name changes.
- Parking placards or parking permits for those who are disabled: It is limited to new placards, renewals, and replacement placards.
- Request a driving history: It is also possible to request and view your driver history online.
AAA and Nutmeg Express Offices – LIMITED SERVICES
- The first thing that you need to do is to choose one of the following locations:
- Glastonbury DMV Express
- North Haven DMV Express
- Milford DMV Express
- Norwalk DMV Express
2. After choosing one of these options, you will be taken to a page where you have to choose Schedule a DMV Appointment.
3. On the new page, enter your email address, the valid one.
4. If you want, you can also add your phone number.
5. Press the Next button.
6. Choose the type of appointment that you would like to schedule.
7. Choose the renewal location.
8. Choose a date and available appointment time within the next two months.
9. Add your information such as first name, last name, street address, city, zip code, and driver’s license number.
10. The last step to do is to tap the Next button when you are done.