MySparrow refers to the service offered by Sparrow. This one is a service that is based on the internet. The service allows you as a patient to view portions of your electronic medical record or EMR where your health information is documented by Sparrow. There are a lot of things in MySparrow, including your lab results, appointment information, medications, immunizations, and so on. Feel free to access everything from any device.
Not only that, the service called MySparrow also offers a new way to communicate with the office of your doctor. With it, renewing prescriptions, launching a video visit, sending messages, and scheduling appointments can be done online without having to give up on your comfortable bed.
There are a few features of MySparrow, as follows:
- Reviewing the likes of your medications, immunizations, allergies, and medical history.
- Getting the test results online and there will be no need for you to wait for a phone call or letter.
- Getting in touch with your physician, just like sending an email.
- Requesting prescription renewals for your medications online.
- Scheduling, rescheduling, or canceling appointments directly online.
- Launching a scheduled and on-demand video visit.
- Viewing visit instructions for the next appointments.
- Completing the questions that are related to the appointment ahead of a visit to save time in-clinic.
- Reviewing the information and discharging every instruction from previous visits.
- Reviewing the billing statements, insurance, and getting paperless statements online.
- Downloading a physical copy of your medical information to take anywhere you want.
- Submitting every request directly online for more detailed reports about past visits.
- Connecting the medical information of the family member under one account with Proxy Access.
- Getting notified about new information when it arrives in your MySparrow account.
To be able to do all the things, you will have to log in to your Sparrow Mychart account. Then, how do you log in to your Sparrow Mychart account? Go find out the way to do that below.
- The first thing that you need to do is to open your favorite browser.
- When it opens, go to https://mychart.sparrow.com.
- When you are on that page, you will have to enter two things, which are your username and password. If you forget your password, you are suggested to contact the Sparrow Help Desk at 517 364 4357. By dialing the number, you can request a new and secure password. Actually, it is not the only way that you can do. Aside from that, another way is to click the Forgot password link that is found on the sign in page if you want to reset your password online.
- After entering these two, the last thing that you have to do is to hit the Sign In button.
If you do not have a Sparrow Mychart account, then you will need to create one first. There are a couple of ways to create an account. Feel free to follow any method, depending on your situation.
Method 1: For everyone with an activation code
If you are counted as a patient who has recently visited a Sparrow facility, there should be an activation code that you can use. This kind of code was provided on your after visit summary. The code is the one that will enable you to log in. Apart from that, it is also the one that will allow you to create your own username and password. In case you didn’t get an activation code but you really have visited a Sparrow facility recently, you are encouraged to reach out to the clinic in order to ask them to send one through email to you.
Apparently, the activation code has an expired date for security reasons. It will expire after 60 days. If it is no longer active, the best thing that you can do is to submit an online request at https://mychart.sparrow.org/MyChart/signup. Before submitting an online request, make sure that you are the age of 18 or older. If you are under 18, then you are not allowed to do that. If you still face the same issue, try to reach out to the Sparrow Help Desk at 517 364 4357.
Method 2: For everyone without an activation code
If you are considered as a patient who has not been seen at a Sparrow facility recently and you are 18 years old or older, please follow the following guide instead:
- Firstly, you should open your internet browser.
- After making it open, go to https://mychart.sparrow.org.
- When you are there, you will have to find the Sign Up Now button. In case you have no idea where it is located, it is on the right side of the screen.
- Upon seeing the Sign Up Now button, please click on it.
- Besides, you can also click the Sign Up Online button. If you prefer this one, find it on the right side of the screen.
- Once you are done clicking on the Sign Up Online button, the next thing that you should do is to fill out every required field shown on the screen.
- Remember to also complete the CAPTCHA.
- Then, please click Submit.
- Next, create a MySparrow username. Keep in mind that username has to be at least 5 characters long. If you are thinking of making it longer, make sure to not exceed 20 characters. You should think about your username well as there is no way for you to change it. The best one is the one that is secure and easy to remember. You should also know that your username is not case sensitive.
- Once you have successfully created a username, you will have to create a MySparrow password. It is worth noting that the password should be different from your MySparrow username. The password has to be at least 6 characters long. However, having more than 20 characters is prohibited. It should consist of a minimum of one letter and a minimum of one number. Unlike your MySparrow username that is not case sensitive, your MySparrow password is. Another difference is that it is able to be changed.
- After creating the password, choose the Next button.
- Finally, enter your email address. In the end, you will get an email that notifies you about it from [email protected] every time there is new information in your MySparrow account. To avoid these notification emails getting marked as junk mail, please add this email to your address book or safe sender list.