An upcoming first-person shooter game called Halo Infinite that is now still in beta definitely has a number of game crashing issues. Since the game is still in a very early test stage, some issues often occur especially at startup when the players are launching the game.
When you launch the game, you may get an error message that says ‘Your account is not authorized to play Halo Infinite’, though you have been accepted into the beta. If you first launch Halo Infinite, you may be confused about what the error message means.
No worries! If you get this error message when launching the game of Halo Infinite, there’s a few great solutions that you can take this error message. So, let’s fix an error message if your account is not authorized to play Halo Infinite below!
How to Fix Your Account Is Not Authorized in Halo Infinite?
To fix an error message of ‘Your account is not authorized to play Halo Infinite’, you may need to know what the best way to solve it depends on your device. Why? That’s because there will be some different ways to fix an error authorization in Halo Infinite either on PC or on Xbox One.
Certainly, you probably will perform the different ways when you fix the issue on PC and Xbox console. No worries! We will also show you the way to fix each device. Here’s how!
If you are playing Halo Infinite on PC and get an error message that says ‘Your account is Not Authorized to play Halo Infinite’, you may need to follow the steps in the clear guide that hopefully can remove the error authorization, so you can play the game again.
- First, you need to close your game by pressing ‘ALT + F4’ on your keyboard.
- Then, simply search ‘%temp%’. If it appears, you should remove all contents there.
- Now, you need to restart your computer.
- Head to ‘Steam’ and now launch Halo Infinite.
- After that, make sure to log into your Xbox account and it will prompt you for the next screen.
- Ensure to allow all connections to Halo Infinite, Windows Store and Xbox App.
- Last, reinstall the Xbox App to fix the issue.
As soon as you need to click ‘Continue’ and start clicking your mouse left click while the game is loading. Certainly, if you keep clicking for 10-15 times, you will hear a sound of click, meaning the way is totally working. You can now stop and wait for 5 seconds and Halo Infinite will load automatically.
If you encounter the error authorization in Halo Infinite, you can do some following steps to fix it, here’s how!
- First, you need to launch ‘Halo Infinite’ that should say ‘Start Game’.
- You may need to simply disconnect your router or Wi-Fi before you click it.
- You can then click the ‘Start’ button when you are disconnected.
- Now, a new message will appear.
- After that, you just simply connect your router or Wi-Fi back again.
That’s the way to fix an error authorization on Xbox.
If the ways above cannot solve the authorization issue, you can try to do some following ways:
- Quit the game
The fastest and easiest way to try fixing the issue of ‘Your account is not authorized to play Halo Infinite’ is by simply quitting the game and closing down the app completely before reopening. If you do this, it will allow you to reboot the game in a fresh state and to retry a full login process.
Moreover, you can shut down your game and restart it once again. If you are playing a game on PC, you can restart ‘Steam’ and load up the game once again. If you are Xbox users, you can attempt to shut down your console before restarting it back up.
To restart your console, you should go to ‘Settings’. Then, choose ‘Power mode & Start-Up’ and last select ‘Restart Now’. Instead, you can do a full reset by selecting ‘Full shut-down’ (not Restart Now option). You can then turn on your console manually again.
- Try to re-verify your credentials
Re-verifying your credentials may be necessary if you get an error message of ‘Your account is not authorized to play Halo Infinite’. A tweet @ske7ch stated that this authorization error can arise if you are not on the gamertag you registered with and/or if another account is logged into your console at the same time.
To check your Halo Infinite credentials, let’s do some ways below!
- Go to the Halo Insider Profile Page here.
- Ensure the email and Xbox one or Windows account that you have registered are the same as the one to log into the game.
- You may also need the correct password to log into the game by going to Xbox Support and logging in there. If you forget the password, you can also change your password there.
- If your Halo Infinite account details are totally correct, you can try to restart the Xbox console, Steam or also the PC.
If all ways do not solve your problem, you can go back to the Halo Insider Page and then leave a support message on the forum. Hopefully, there’s a solution from another player to fix your error account authorization.
- Try to register for beta testing again
This is such a final way that you can take to solve an error authorization in Halo Infinite. What you can do is to re-register for the next Halo beta test starting on and from September 30, 2021.
In very rare cases, some players have reported registering for the beta using their wrong email address, so they do not have any authorization to play the game of Halo Infinite, causing an error message to pop up on your screen.
To re-apply to the beta testing, you can go to the Halo Insider Page. Then, you need to click on the ‘Sign Up’ button that is provided. Here, all you need to do is to sign up your credentials and wait for confirmation email from Halo Support.