Is your Windows 10 getting slow when you are running a handful of programs? If so, it is time to check the Task Manager before you feel panic. There, you will have a chance to disable any programs which can be trouble-makers. Apart from this, you can also fix it to stop any process which influences your computer’s performance.
How to Fix svchost.exe WSAPPX -p High Disk Usage Easily
One of the programs which can influence your computer’s performance in high disk usage easily is WSAPPX –p process. Generally, WSAPPX -p will be consuming unproportionally CPU resources and high disk.
Then, if WSAPPX –p process really causes your computer getting slow, consuming high disk and memory usage, of course the only way that you have to do it is to fix WSAPPX –p process.
- More info: How to Easily Disable or Enable WinMgmt Windows Management Instrumentation Service Defaults in Windows 10
Do you already know how to fix the WSAPPX –p process? Don’t worry! Even though you do not know the ways on how to fix WSAPPX –p process, we here will help you in fixing WSAPPX –p as one of svchost.exe processes. Let’s follow some methods below!
Method 1: Turn off Windows Store
At least, there are two smart ways that you can take in turning off the Windows Store, they are using a Registry Editor and Group POlicy Editor.
Using Registry Editor
Of course, not all Windows versions will have the Group Policy Editor so you can choose Registry Editor to turn off Windows Store. Here are the step to use Registry Editor:
- First, go to Start Windows by pressing Windows Key + S.
- Then type “regedit” and hit Enter.
- If the User Account Control window appears, choose Yes button.
- Then, right-click Computer in the left-pane and choose Export.
- In the Export Registry file Window, you have to type a desired name to the file (such as registry backup 18.10.2020). Then, click the Save button.
- After you have created a backup, you can follow the steps to turn on Windows Store.
- Search for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREPoliciesMicrosoftWindowsStore key in the left-pane.
- Create a new DWORD value in the Windows Store key. Change the new value as 1 in the name of RemoveWindowsStore.
- Last, restart Windows.
Using Group Policy Editor
To turn off Windows Store using Group Policy Editor, you definitely have to follow some steps below!
- Open Run service by pressing Windows Key + R.
- Then, type ‘gpedit.msc’ and click on the OK button.
- Choose the Computer Configuration button and then, Administrative Templates.
- Click the Windows Components button and select Store.
- Find the Turn Off Store Application setting in the right pane.
- After that, click the Enable option.
- Last, choose the Apply button.
Method 2: Upgrade Virtual Memory
Generally, the WSAPPX –p process will be taking much of your memory usage. Well, in this method, we recommend you to upgrade virtual memory by following some steps below!
- Type ‘performance’ in the search bar, hit Enter.
- Then, choose the ‘Adjust Appearance vs. Performance in Windows’ section.
- CLick on the Advanced tab at the top of the Window.
- Choose virtual Memory and click Change.
- Deselect against ‘Automatically manage paging file size for all drives’
- Then, select the drive on which you have the Windows installed. Click Custom Size.
- In this step, set ‘Initial Size’ the same as your RAM. Then, set the ‘Maximum Size’ as two times the Initial Size.
- Last, you need to click the Set button and click OK. Finally, reboot your Windows.
Method 3: Update Device Drivers
You may already know that high Disk Usage issues happen because of incompatible drivers. If it can also be one of the causes, we definitely recommend you to update your device driver. To update it, you can also use DriverDownloader which offers reliable, faster and easy to use.
Of course, before you are able to use this downloader, you also need to download and install it first on your computer. Once you have installed it, you continually can run it to get a free drivers report. Here are the steps to download, install, use and register this software.
- To Download
You need to go to a site which provides DriverDownloader software at https://www.drivers.com/driver_downloader.exe.
Once you click the Download button, you will see a message in the pop-up window to confirm you Run or Save the software.
- To Run
Click Run to go to the next step. While clicking Save to download the folder on your PC where you have saved the executable file.
Double click driverdownlaoder.exe to launch it.
- To Install
Simply click the Install button, you automatically will be directed into the screen that leads you to follow the installation process. It may take more than two minutes or more.
- To Register
Last, you have to register this software. However, you have to register it. Along with 30 days, you will get the customer support to get money back guarantee when you register DriverDownloader. Then, to get automatic driver updates, you have to register DriverDownloader.
Method 4: Complete a Virus Scan
If you think that Wsappx may contain viruses or malware causing your Computer getting slower than before, you definitely have to complete a virus scan. However, a complete virus scan will report you any suspicious programs. Then, you can remove or quarantine them without delay. Then, you can restart your Windows.
What Is WSAPPX?
WSAPPX is a native Windows process which can handle the new universal apps that you can get from Microsoft Store in Windows 8 and 10. Since the universal app did not appear on Windows 7 and earlier, you actually will not see the process on those Windows versions. To note, WSAPPX is not malware. Indeed, it is a totally important component of Windows 10.
The Wsappx process is simply used to run, install, delete and update any apps that exist on Windows Store. It means that you will confront updating or installing apps on Windows Store. Then, you can disable it safely to free up disk space and CPU resources.
To find the Wsappx process, you actually can open the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc. Choose the Processes tab and scroll to the bottom. The process includes two sub-processes that you can see by expanding the Wsappx section in the Task Manager.
On Windows 8, the sub-process names WSService, or Windows Store Service. On Windows 10, the process names ClipSVC, short for Client License Service.