There may be a number of Roblox players who are removed from the game and they get an error message which says that you have been kicked due to unexpected client behavior. Here is the complete error message.
You have been kicked due to unexpected client behavior.
(Error Code: 268)
If you are a Roblox player who faces this error, you can solve it by yourself by applying the methods below according to The Windows Club site and We The Geek site. As you can see that there are some methods for fixing this error, you can try the first method below and if it cannot solve the problem, you can try another method.
Try Updating Your Computer
Updating your computer is the first method that you can try to fix this issue and it will permit you to update even the drivers that are able to help you to solve the issue. However, if you find that updating your computer does not solve the issue, you can try applying the next method.
Check Whether Roblox Server Is Down
You have to check whether the Roblox server is down or not. It can be done by accessing the down detector. There, you can see the Server status of Roblox.com. If you find that it is down, then you have to wait for the Roblox team to solve it. However, if you find that the server is not down, then you can try fixing this issue by applying another method.
Delete Cheat Software
Do you have a cheat or exploit application? Usually, this app is used to have some advantage in a game. If you have it, it is better for you to delete it. It is because Roblox has released a new update which has a built-in detector and will remove you if you are using one of the forbidden apps or tools. Here are the steps to remove cheat software from your PC.
- The first thing that you have to do is to open Settings and it can be done by pressing Win + I.
- After that, you have to go to Apps and then choose Apps & Features.
- In this step, you have to find the cheat application.
- If you are Windows 11 users, you have to click on the three vertical dots and then choose Uninstall. However, if you are Windows 10 users, you have to choose the app and then click on the Uninstall.
You have to wait for the process to complete. Then, you can try restarting your computer and then try connecting to Roblox again.
Troubleshoot The Issue in Clean Boot
The error can happen due to some other program which interferes with your game. So, you are able to try troubleshooting the issue in Clean Boot. To apply this method, you will have to disable all the services, except Roblox, and then you have to keep on enabling other services 5 at a time to decrease the number of possible culprits. After you know the app which is causing the issue, then you are able to uninstall them and fix the issue.
Remove Some Files from The App Data
There are a lot of users who say that if you delete some files from the Roblox folder in the App Data, it can solve the issue. You have to delete three XML files. To do that, you have to open Run by pressing Win + R. Then, you have to paste this command: %appdata%. Then, you are required to press Ok.
After that, you have to go to Local and then choose Roblox. There, three XML files are available namely AnalyticsSettings, frm.cfg, and GlobalBasicSettings_13. These files must be deleted. After you delete them, then you have to restart your computer, open Roblox and then you have to check whether the problem still happens or not.
Install Roblox from the Windows Store
Let’s say that you have installed Roblox not from the Windows Store, then you are not using UWP Roblox. So, you have to uninstall that version and reinstall the app from microsoft.com. After the app is installed, then you have to launch it, sign in and then check whether the issue still happens.
If you are using the UWP Roblox and you find that the error still happens, you are able to try reinstalling the app and check whether the issue still happens or not.
Delete Personal Settings
The error can happen because of a network inconsistency. Some Roblox players who were facing this issue said that they could fix this issue by accessing the Internet Options Menu and removing the Personal Settings from the Advanced Menu. Then, the settings in Internet Explorer will be reset to their default values. So, here are the steps to delete the Personal Settings from Internet Options.
- The first thing that you have to do is to launch the Run dialogue box by pressing Windows Key + R. Then, in the text box, you have to type ‘inetcpl.cpl’. After that, you have to click Enter to open the Internet Options menu.
- The next thing that you have to do is to go ahead and choose the Advanced tab from the Internet Properties menu. After that, you have to press the Reset button.
- And now, you have to check the box beside Delete Personal Settings before you click Reset to start the procedure.
- If the process has been done, then you have to relaunch Roblox to check whether the issue has been solved.
Disabling antivirus is another method that you can apply to fix this issue. There are some security programs which block legitimate programs which consume huge resources. So, it is better for you to disable your antivirus for a while and then see whether this error has been fixed.
The method to disable antivirus is different, so you are able to access the help file of your software about how to disable it temporarily. However, if your antivirus is Systweak Antivirus, you can disable it temporarily by following the steps below.
- The first thing that you have to do is to launch the Systweak Antivirus app.
- Then, you have to click on the upward-facing arrow in the bottom right corner of your taskbar and then you have to right-click on the Systweak Antivirus icon.
- Here, you have to click on the options below to disable them temporarily.
- Turn Off Real-Time Protection
- Turn Off Web Protection
- Turn Off Firewall Protection
- Now, you have to choose the time duration and then click on the OK.