Roblox has a unique identifier that is designed specifically for every account in the game. This kind of thing is known as a user ID. If you have no idea about the user ID, here is the example for you: 2784109194.
In the same platform called Roblox, there is also display name. This one is able to be changed. If you want to change it, all that you have to do is to navigate to your settings and then click on the Edit button, the one that is located next to the Display Name.
While the display name is able to be changed, the user ID is not. It means the value of the user ID will always be the same. Tit has been known this property is important for everyone who is saving or loading player data using GlobalDataStores.
To be able to allow every player to have a unique key, their user ID can be used by you as the data store key.
In order to find the user ID in Roblox, it will be needed for you to follow a few steps, including:
- The first thing that you have to do is to go to the official website of Roblox at https://www.roblox.com/.
- When you arrive on the homepage, do not forget to log in to your Roblox account.
- After logging in, go to your profile.
- Then, tap on the URL.
- In your profile URL, there is a number that you can copy. This one is your Roblox user ID. If you feel a bit confused, here is the example. Let’s say the profile URL that is shown on the screen is https://www.roblox.com/users/2784109194/profile. Since the user ID is known to be located in between “users” and “profile”, it can be concluded that your user ID is 2784109194”.
That is the method to find the user ID in Roblox by using a browser. Is the method above is able to be used for mobile?
Unfortunately, the method mentioned above is not able to be used for mobile. Basically, there is no way for you to find your user ID in the mobile version of Roblox. The main reason is because there will be no profile URL in the mobile version.
For those who want to see your profile URL you will have to visit the browser version of Roblox. As an iOS or Android user, it will be needed for you to visit the official website of Roblox on either Safari (for iOS) or Google Chrome (for Android). Here is step by step to follow to be able to get your user ID on Roblox:
- The process of getting the user ID on Roblox for those with either iOS or Android can be started by opening either Safari (for iOS users) or Google Chrome (for Android users).
- When either of them opens, go to the official website of Roblox at https://www.roblox.com/. Another way that you can do is to go to the search engine like Google and then enter “Roblox” as the keyword. Make sure to not use the Roblox app as there will be no way for you to be able to see your profile URL there. Not being able to see your profile URL means you are unlikely to be able to copy your user ID.
- When you are on the official website of Roblox at https://www.roblox.com/, you will be shown with a few options. These options include Continue in App and Continue in browser. As you can guess, if you tap the first one, you will be directed to the mobile version of Roblox app, which is will not work to find the Roblox ID. Since there is no way for it to work, please choose the second option, which is Continue in browser, instead of the first one so that Roblox will open in your browser.
- By tapping the Continue in browser, you will be taken to the login page of Roblox. On this page, please log in to your Roblox account. For those who have created your Roblox account using a username or email, you will have to log in your username or email. On the other hand, you can tap on Facebook to be able to log in with Facebook if you have used Facebook to make a Roblox account.
- Afterward, it is time for you to click on Log In button in order to log in to your Roblox account.
- Once you are done with the process of logging in to your Roblox account, you will land on the homepage of Roblox where you will be able to see a list of games that are able to be played. On the top navigation bar, there are a few icons. Some of these icons include menu icon, a profile icon, a search icon, and so on. If you want to find your user ID, all that should be done is to go to your Roblox profile. If you do not know to go to your Roblox profile, you can just tap on your profile icon that is able to be found on the top navigation bar.
- By tapping on your profile icon, you will be directed to your Roblox profile. When you are there, you will be shown with a profile information, which includes your username, friends, followers, following, bio, and some other ones. As stated before, your Roblox user ID is located in your profile URL and since you are in a browser, it will be easy for you to find your profile URL, which is by tapping on the URL located at the top.
- By tapping on the URL at the top of the page, you will be able to see your profile URL. You can tell your Roblox user ID because it is the number in your profile URL. Feel free to highlight the number and then cut or copy it to your Roblox user ID.