When you face an error on Roblox, you may read in an article that you can try deleting and reinstalling Roblox to fix the issue. But now, the problem is that you may not know how to delete and reinstall it again. Here, I will tell you how to delete and reinstall Roblox according to the Roblox Help page.
Uninstalling Roblox on Windows 7
If you are Windows 7 users, you are able to uninstall Roblox, by following the steps below.
- The first thing that you have to do is to go to the Start menu and then choose the Control Panel. After that, you have to choose Programs and Features.
- Now, you have to scroll down until you are able to find Roblox.
- And then, you can uninstall the program there.
Uninstalling Roblox on Windows 8 or 8.1
If you want to uninstall Roblox on your Windows 8 or 8.1, the steps below can be followed.
- The first thing that you have to do is to pull up the tiled start screen and it can be done by clicking in the lower left corner of your screen.
- Now, you have to type Programs and Features and then click on the Programs and Features icon which appears in your search results.
- There will be a window which appears and you have to scroll until Roblox is found.
- Now, you are able to uninstall Roblox there.
Uninstalling Roblox on Windows 10
If you are Windows 10 users, you are able to uninstall Roblox by following the steps below.
- The first thing that you have to do is to click on the Start button or the Cortana search box which can be found in the lower left of the screen. Another way is that you are able to hold the Windows key on your keyboard which is followed by pressing the S key.
- Then, in the search box, “Programs and Features” needs to be typed and you have to click on the Programs and Features icon which appears at the top of your search list.
- There will be a window which appears and the thing that you have to do there is to scroll down until you find Roblox.
- Now, you have to uninstall Roblox there.
Deleting The Roblox Folder
Let’s say that you are having a persistent issue. If so, you can try to remove the Roblox folder fully after you uninstall Roblox. It is done to make sure that there are not any corrupted or outdated files left over. To delete the Roblox folder, you are able to follow the steps below.
- You must right click on the Start button. Then, you have to click on the Explore or File Explorer.
- Then, you have to navigate to this folder: C:Users(Your Windows Username)AppDataLocal.
- Now, you have to delete the Roblox folder.
It is important for you to note that it should not delete any places that you may have saved in Studio unless you have selected to save them in this folder manually.
How to Solve Difficulty Uninstalling
You may find that you are having difficulty uninstalling the Roblox program. If so, you can try the methods below to solve it.
- You can clear your temporary Internet files. Clearing your browser’s temporary internet files is an important step in any process of uninstall or reinstall. It is because it can help with any corruption issues which may have come up.
- You can check your firewall. There are a lot of antivirus or internet security software which tries to control which programs are able to access the internet. These programs frequently make a mistake because of being careful and by default so that no program is permitted access.
- Reinstall Roblox
You can reinstall Roblox. If the issue is a corrupted file from a previously unsuccessful uninstall attempt, it will overwrite the copy of the program on your computer and replace any removed or broken files. Then, you should be able to enter your Start menu and then uninstall the program.
Uninstalling Roblox from Mac
Completely Close Out of the Roblox Program
If you are Mac users, you can uninstall Roblox from Mac by following the steps below.
- The first thing that you have to do is to press the Command + Option + Esc keys. So, it will open a task management prompt.
- Then, you have to make sure that you do not see Roblox or Roblox Studio in it.
- If you find that the program is listed, you have to choose Roblox or Roblox Studio and click on the Force Quit.
Go to Finder > Applications
- You have to drag the Roblox icon into the trash. It is important for you to note that the icon in finder has all of the Roblox files that have been installed.
Deleting Files from the Trash
- You have to click on the Trash icon which can be found in the Dock and you have to choose Empty Trash.
- Alternatively, you can empty the trash and it can be done by pressing three keys consecutively: Command + Shift + Delete.
- Now, there is a warning, “Are you sure you want to delete the items in your Trash.”
- If you want to bypass the “Are you sure you want to permanently erase the items in the Trash?” message, you can press Command + Option/Alt + Shift + Delete.
Reinstalling Roblox on Windows
It is important for you to note that the reinstalling process should overwrite and replace any removed or broken file. When reinstalling Roblox, you have to make sure that all other programs are closed. And here are the steps to install Roblox on Windows using the browser.
- To install Roblox Player, you have to access the Roblox website and log into your account.
- After that, you have to visit any experience/ game and then click on the Play button.
- There will be a window which appears and it will inform you that Roblox Player is installing.
- After it is installed, the game/ experience will automatically open.
If you find there is a secondary window which appears to ask you to choose a program, you can choose Roblox and confirm. If you choose to remember your choice, you will not have to do this action in the future. You have to make sure to restart your computer after you uninstall and before reinstalling Roblox.
It is important to delete your browser’s temporary internet files in any uninstallation or reinstallation process. It can help with any corruption problems that may have happened.
Reinstalling Roblox on Mac
If you are Mac users, you can reinstall Roblox by following the steps below.
- You have to open Safari and then you have to log into Roblox and play. You will be required to install the application. You have to do this by following all the steps on the screen. However, if you find that the installation does not happen automatically, you can follow the steps below.
- You need to go to the Finder and then choose Today and click on the Roblox.dmg. It should run the installer for you and put the Roblox icon in your apps.
- Now, you have to choose it from your apps and it should go to your tray.