Everyone is able to access health and wellness services in their community by having a membership to their local YMCA. While a YMCA membership has been known to give a lot of benefits, some people have no other option but to cancel their membership due to a few reasons, such as finances, preference, or a permanent move out of the country.
If you are one of these YMCA members who want to cancel your YMCA membership due to whatever reason, you will have to give your local YMCA branch advance notice of your cancellation. After that, you should process your cancellation by filling out the important paperwork and submitting it to the YMCA.
Before cancelling your YMCA membership, it is worth noting that it is a must for you to submit the request by the 25th of the month prior to the month the cancellation is requested. Not only that, you also have to know that the YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties reserves the right to either suspend or cancel a membership when the behavior or language of the member is judged to be in conflict with the welfare of the other members or staff or in conflict with the YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
If you are certain to cancel your YMCA membership, you can do it online at your comfort place. There are a few steps that you have to follow, such as:
- The first thing that you need to do is to contact your local YMCA. You can start by calling your local YMCA branch. Discuss with them about their specific cancellation policy. Aside from calling the number, you can also send them an email. For those who are wondering about their contact number, it can be found on their official website. Not only that, it is also found on the back of your YMCA membership card. In addition to contacting your local YMCA about their cancellation policy through calling the phone number and sending an email, another option is to visit the local YMCA branch in person. When you are there, make sure to talk to the representative of YMCA about the cancellation policy.
- Then, give notice 10 to 30 days in advance. Actually, the required advance notice will depend on the policy of your YMCA branch. In fact, some YMCA branches require you to give them 10 days notice before the payment for your membership is due, while some others require as much as 25 to 30 days notice. It is important for you to know the required amount of days notice and plan ahead so you will be able to cancel your membership on time.
- If needed, you can also provide in person or written notice. Apparently, some branches allow the customers to give notice by filling out a cancellation form. This can be done in person at the local YMCA or by mail. It is unlikely to provide notice of cancellation on the phone for security and processing purposes.
- If you are required to give notice of your cancellation, get ready to fill out a cancellation form. As stated before, some branches require the customer to visit them in person to complete the form. Apart from that, there are some other branches that have an online cancellation form on their website, making it possible for the customers like you to complete and submit the form without having to go outside. In order to fill out the form, it will be needed for you to provide a few things, such as your first and last name, your email address, the reason why you are cancelling your membership, and the name of the YMCA branch where you are a member. In some cases, it may also be needed to provide the YMCA membership number.
- Once you are done filling out the form, it is time for you to submit it. Feel free to do it by fax, email, or in person. If you want to do it in person, you can go to your local YMCA branch. If you prefer to send it by fax or email, just ask your local YMCA for the correct fax number or email address for the form.
- After sending the form, you can just wait as it may take a few days for your request to process. Then, contact your local YMCA by phone or through email to confirm your membership has been cancelled. For those who set up direct deposit with your YMCA, you can also check your bank account in order to confirm your payments to the YMCA for your membership have been stopped.
It should be easy for you to cancel YMCA membership online at your home by following every single step mentioned above. If you have something to ask, you are suggested to contact the representative of YMCA by filling out a form that is found on the official website of YMCA. When you are on the homepage of the official website of YMCA, scroll down and find the Contact Us button. On the Contact Us page, provide the information such as your name, your email address, your phone number, the branch you are interested in, the subject, and the message. When everything is done, the last thing that you have to do is to press the SEND MESSAGE button. After that, you can just wait for the response. Apart from filling out the form and submitting it, you can also try to contact the representative of YMCA through their social media accounts, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Youtube.
In case you change your mind and want to renew your YMCA membership, the good news is that you can do it. Then, how do you renew your YMCA membership? Renewing your YMCA membership can be done easily. However, you should make sure to do it within 30 days of your cancellation. Renewing the YMCA membership within 30 days is recommended if you do not want to get charged.