In the series of Animal Crossing, friendship is a measurement of how kind the player is with a villager. Usually, friendship is measured in a scale where negative represents dislike and positive represents friendship. Having a high friendship level will result in the player getting a picture of that villager. By the way, how to know if a villager is your best friend in ACNH?
How to Know If a Villager is Your Best Friend in ACNH?
In Animal Crossing: New Horizons, the player will obtain Nook Miles for becoming good friends with three villagers. When a player achieves good friendship with a villager and gives them a gift, they will be able to receive a photo of said villager in return.
Actually, there is no way to check a friendship level with the villagers in ACNH for right now, thus noting which interactions are possible with each villager is the best method of monitoring progress. Also, you are going to get several Nook Rewards for specific tiers.
Relationships with the villagers work on a points system. Every villager starts with 25 friendship points. Those can be increased or decreased via your interactions with them. When points increase, the new interactions are unlocked when you go through the six levels, covering three tiers of friendship.
- Levels 1 and 2: New Friends
Level one will cover from zero up to 29 friendship points . It allows the villagers to give you gifts. Because the villagers start with 25 points, speaking to them a few of times will advance you quickly through this tier and onto level two ‘New Friends’ status. From 30-59 points, you are able to give daily gifts as well as receive them.
- Levels 3 and 4: Good Friends
Level three will cover from 60-99 points and is the start of the ‘Good Friends’ tier. At this level, the villagers are able to sell items to you and give you a nickname. When you hit 100 points, you are in tier four all the way up to 149. Tier four friendship will allow you to change a villager’s catchphrase.
- Levels 5 and 6: Best Friends
The highest level is the ‘Best Friends’ tier. This tier starts at level five, which is from 150-199 points. It will allow you to change a villager’s greetings and have an opportunity to get their photo. Eventually, after you have over 200 points, you are level six BFF’s. The friends at this level villagers are also able to ask you for buying the items.
- Levels 1 and 2: New Friends
Once again, as we explain before, currently there is no way to check a friendship level with the villagers in ACNH. Therefore, noting which interactions are possible with each villager is the best method of monitoring progress. Aside from that, you are going to get several Nook Rewards for specific tiers.
Increasing Friendship Levels
There are some simple interactions that can increase your friendship points with the villagers. Below are the repeatable actions and their points value.
- Talking to a villager each day (Only for the first conversation). It will give you one point.
- Selling an item to a villager. It will give you one point.
- Catching a villager’s fleas. It will give you one point.
Also, you are able to decrease your friendship with the interactions below.
- Pushing a villager. This will decrease three points.
- Hitting a villager with a net. This will decrease three points.
- Giving a villager garbage or spoiled turnips. This will decrease two points.
Need to know that sending letters has no effect on friendship levels. Neither do other actions such as hitting them with other items like shovels or axes, ignoring them, putting them in a pitfall trap, or talking to them until they get fed up. Also, trapping them with the fences does not affect your friendships. These things are only for fun.
If you push a villager accidentally or make upset them, then apologizing is going to give you a 20% opportunity of getting back the lost friendship points. If they show a good mood afterward you are able to get three bonus friendship points for your sincerity. Although these options are easy and repeatable with no cost, the biggest points boost comes with gifting.
Gifting Every Day
Gifts are the biggest point booster. You are able to give the villagers a gift every day. But, the point value varies depending on what you offer them. Below are the values for daily gifts.
- All Furniture. This will give you three points.
- Flowers, Umbrella, Bugs, Fish, Watering Can, Fishing Rod. This will give you two points.
- Preferred Clothing or Favorite song. This will give you two points.
- None-Preferred Clothing. This will give you one point.
- All items except spoiled turnips and garbage. This will give you one point.
Also, you are going to obtain a bonus friendship point for wrapping a gift with any wrapping paper you can purchase in Nook’s Cranny from the cabinet. For note: A villager’s favorite music is the song playing in their own house. For those who have a frog villager, an umbrella as a gift just gives one point for you.
Birthday gifts are separated into tiers with the points improving for each level.
Tier One – Awards 3 points
- A Bug, Fossil, Fish, or Seashell worth up to 500 Bells.
- Other items worth up to 125 Bells.
Tier Two – Awards 4 points
- A Bug, Fossil, Fish, or Seashell Worth 501 to 1999 Bells.
- Other items worth 126 to 499 Bells.
Tier Three – Awards 5 points
- Clothing they already have, or clothing you are wearing.
- Turnips, mushrooms, fruits or cake.
- A bug, fossil, fish, or seashell worth 2000 bells or more
- Any other item worth 500 bells.
Also, each tier has an increasing bonus for gift wrapping. Tier one gives a one-point bonus, tier two gives a two-point bonus, and tier three gives a three-point bonus. It means that wrapping a piece of fruit is the cheapest and easiest method to get the maximum of 8 points.