As a Mac user, you may think how to get CAJViewer software in English, not Chineses. However, any programs or softwares with Chinese or Mandarin language probably make the users hard to use or explore. Then, you will be looking for the software of CAJViewer available in English. Can you get it? Let’s find the facts here!
How to Get CAJViewer for Mac English
Before you decide to download the CAJViewer for Mac, keep in mind that this software is just available in Chinese. It means that you cannot get the CAJViewer for Mac in English. Even if the software is available in Chinese, you can still use it on your Mac computer.
Of course, the major thing that you need to recognize is to download the CAJViewer for Mac from the official site of CAJViewer. Here’s how:
Download the CAJViewer for Mac
First of all, you need to access the link at here . It is a direct link that you can use to download the CAJViewer for Mac.
Or you can simply access the official site of CAJViewer at http://cajviewer.cnki.net/. Once you are at the page, you will find the CAJ云阅读 For MacOS button at the bottom right of this page. To download it, you just simply click on it and the program will be automatically downloaded and stored on your computer.
Alternative: If you want to download the CAJViewer file for Mac in .zip file, you actually can access this link to download at here. Through this link, the CAJViewer file that you download will come with a zip file. Once you download it, you can continue to extract this file in order to be able to install it easily.
Install the CAJViewer for Mac
Once the CAJViewer software for Mac has been downloaded, it is your turn to install it on your computer. Let’s follow the steps of installing the latest CAJViewer software on your computer!
- First, you need to press Command+Space.
- Then, type the Terminal and hit the Enter/ Return key.
- After that, you have to Run in Terminal app by following this command:
ruby -e “$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)” < /dev/null 2> /dev/null ; brew install caskroom/cask/brew-cask 2> /dev/null
- Hit Enter / Return Key.
- If there is a pop up window, you have to enter a password and enter your Mac’s user password to continue. If you type the password and it will not be displayed on screen but the system accepts it, here you just type your password and then hit Enter/ Return key.
- In this way, you need to wait for the command to finish.
Run: brew cask install cajviewer
That’s it! Now, you can use the CAJViewer to open the CAJ files on your Mac computer.
Use the CAJViewer to Open the CAJ Files on Mac
Like many platforms, to use the CAJViewer to open the CAJ files on Mac actually takes the same way. Here’s how:
- First, you need to go to the folder where the .caj file is located.
- Once you find the .caj file you want to open, right-click on the file.
- Then, click on the Open With option and choose Other.
- Here, you can choose another program.
- Last, you can tick the Always Open With box.
Congratulations! Now, you can open the CAJ files with CAJViewer on your Mac OS.
What is the CAJ Files?
The CAJ file is a rare and specific file format which is developed by CNKI (Chinese National Knowledge Infrastructure). This kind of file is primarily used for the storage and sharing of the academic journal articles in Chinese. The general information inside the CAJ files comprises the text including annotations, citations, authors and the other data related to the article.
You definitely will find the .caj file type format in China Academic Journals full-text database definition which is linked to the program information. The Chinese Academic Journal or CAJ is widely spread in China. But, it may also be used by the people in other countries which come in contact with these files. The CAJ file is absolutely similar to the more popular format file, that’s PDF.
Here are the additional information about the CAJ file:
- Type description: China Academic Journals full-text database (Available in Chinese website and the translation cannot work).
- Program to open the File: CAJViewer (Microsoft Windows)
- File Extension: .exe
- File Category: Page Layout
- Associated program : CNKI CAJViewer (Windows, Mac, Web & Android) and CNKI CAJViewer HD 1 (iOS)
- Developer: China National Knowledge Infrastructure
- Useful Links: http://new.oversea.cnki.net/index/
Those are the following databases produced by the ‘Associate This’! program. Here are they:
EXEFile: %ProgramFiles%TTODCAJViewer 5.5CAJViewer.EXE %1
EXEFile: C:XPB-BookTTODCAJViewer 5.0CAJViewer.EXE %1
If you receive a file with .caj extension, it means that you must have a program which is capable of opening this kind of file. Well, the only appropriate program that enables you to open the CAJ file is CAJViewer software developed by CNKI. To make the CAJ file more accessible, you definitely can convert it into PDF or TXT Format by the CAJViewer program.
Other File types
At least, there are currently 3 file extension(s) which are associated to the CAJViewer software, they are:
- .kdh: China Academic Journals KDH Document
- .caj: China Academic Journals Document
- .nh: China Academic Journals NH Document
Are there any problems that will occur on the CAJfiles?
Of course, you will get any problems when you get in touch with the CAJ files. So, how to solve the problems?
- Make sure that the CAJ file on your computer is not corrupted files or virus-infected. To diagnose it, you can check the file again and scan it with Google’s virustotal.com.
- Update the software which should actually open a full-text database. You can look for the software to update on the manufacturer’s site after an available CAJViewer update as the only way to get the latest the CAJ file format.
- If you are a Windows user, you can right-click on the CAJ files, click “Open With” and then “choose another app”. Here, you can choose another program and check the “Always use this app to open *.caj files” box.