You may be one of the Fortnite players who are experiencing error code 0 “Please Restart Your Client.” If so, you have to fix it so that you are able to continue playing the game. But, can we fix it by ourselves? You can try the method that we will explain below according to some online sources.
Methods to Fix Fortnite Error Code 0
According to the Appuals site which is explained on the Stealth Optional site, Fortnite error code 0 usually happens because of a problem while trying to configure your connection to the anti-cheat system or it may happen because of restricted privileges to the game. So, basically, the problem is in one of two things whether Anti-Cheat or Admin Privileges.
So, how to fix this error? According to the MetaBomb site which is explained on the Stealth Optional site, here is the method that you can try to fix this issue especially if you play it on PC.
- The first thing that you have to do is to type the letters CMD into your Windows search bar. By doing this, it will open the Command Prompt interface which you are able to open as a System Administrator.
- Now, you are into Command Prompt, and here you have to type in “sfc /scannow” and then press enter on your keyboard. Then, Windows will do some tests and then restart your PC. You have to make sure that you have saved any files before this method is performed.
- In this step, when you see that your computer starts up again, you need to be able to load up Fortnite and begin to play as usual.
If you find that it does not work, you are able to try uninstalling Fortnite and then downloading it again.
You can also try to check the Fortnite server status. It is because the problem may not be in the program or your computer, but it may be a temporary problem which happens in the Epic network. If the problem is in Epic, you may have to wait until they fix it.
According to the Quora Marketing site, there are also some other ways to fix this issue. The first one is to run the game with Admin Privileges. It is explained that without admin privileges, certain functions of the anti-cheat may be blocked by the operating system so that the error happens. So, you have to provide admin access to the game. You must provide administrator rights to FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping, FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping-BE, FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping-EAC, and FortniteLauncher.
You have to complete the process by opening the Fortnite folder and go to FortniteGameBinariesWin64. When you are here, then you have to provide admin access to one application at a time.
- You have to right click on the application and choose Properties.
- Then, you have to go to the Compatibility tab and then check Run this program as an administrator.
- Now, you have to click Apply and Ok to save changes.
You have to repeat the process for the other 3 applications and try launching the game.
Another way to fix Fortnite error code 0, according to the Quora Marketing site, you can verify game files. It is because the cause of the error may be corrupt game files so that you can fix it through the Epic Games Launcher. If you apply this method, you fix any corrupted files and it can help the game to perform smoothly. How to verify game files? Here are the steps according to the Quora Marketing site.
- The first thing that you have to do is to terminate all running tasks from the Task Manager or restart the system.
- After that, you have to open the Epic Games Launcher and then you need to go to the Library.
- In this step, you have to click on the gear icon which can be found beside Fortnite Launch.
- And now, you have to select Verify.
- Then, you need to wait for the verification process to finish and try to replay the game.
However, if you have tried the methods above, but nothing works, the last effort that you are able to do is to contact Epic Games.
Fixing Some Other Errors in Fortnite
Error code 0 is not the only error which appears in Fortnite. There are also the other errors that they may encounter as explained on the Meta Bomb site.
One of the errors is error 6. This error relates to the matchmaking services that pit player against player. This error lies within the control Epic to fix it. Even though there are certain workarounds where it requires you to replace core Windows protocol files, it is not recommended for you to replace any of these files from an outside source. It is because it can mess up your system. The thing that you should do is to monitor the social media accounts of Fortnite: Battle Royale for updates. You can also report this issue to the Epic team on their social media.
There is also an error IS-0015. Have you experienced this error? This error prevents you from connecting to the matchmaking servers. According to the Meta Bomb site, here are two workarounds that you are able to do to fix this issue.
- You have to delete C:ProgramDataEpicEpicGamesLauncherDataLauncher.manifest.
- You have to go to Device Manager, and then you need to uninstall your network adapter. After that, you have to restart your PC. When you restart your PC, the adapter drivers will be installed automatically.
However, it is important for you to note that if you try this kind of workaround, it will be at your own risk. There is no guarantee that you will not develop further problems by doing these fixes.
There is also error 7 in Fortnite. Have you ever experienced this error 7 in Fortnite? If you have experienced this error, you may wonder the cause of it. According to the Meta Bomb site, the cause of this error is not clear. However, this error comes up to relate to queuing to access Fortnite: Battle Royale. This issue is a server issue so that the one who can fix it is Epic Games.