Call of Duty: Modern Warfare missing data pack will be able to lead Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Multiplayer not working. For this case, you will need to install required Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Multiplayer packs. Do not worry, here we are going to share the way to install required Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Multiplayer packs.
COD Modern Warfare Missing Data Pack
There are many confusions about the requirements for playing the Multiplayer mode of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. It is due to Activision having changed the games of the packs. We all know that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is a big and popular game on next-gen consoles. Therefore, the developers have already decided to split the games into the packs which you are able to install or separately to preserve precious system space. To ensure that you have all required packs for playing the Multiplayer mode of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, we highly recommend you to look at the size of the packs rather than the name of the packs.
Here are the packs which you need to have:
- Base Game (90.2 GB)
- Multiplayer Pack (6.0 GB)
- Multiplayer & Special Ops Pack (6.7 GB)
- Multiplayer Pack 2 (22.1 GB)
If you are missing any of those packs, then you are going to be denied access to the multiplayer component of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Now, all you have to do is install the required Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Multiplayer Packs on your console, PlayStation5 or Xbox Series.
How to Install Required COD: Modern Warfare Multiplayer Packs on Playstation 5?
On Playstation, the best way to install the missing multiplayer packs is from the game itself. Also, you are able to do it from the Playstation Store. However, several users get a different error when going this route. Please follow the instructions below to install the pack required to play the Multiplayer mode on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
- At the first step, you have to ensure that you have a lot of free internal space on your Playstation 5 console, at least 90 GB.
- After that, you are able to open Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and then wait until you get to the home screen.
- When you are at the screen which contains all modes of the game, you have to press R3 on your controller to enter into the Manage Installs menu.
- Inside the Manage Installs menu, you have to choose the Modern Warfare Game Packs by using the ribbon above. Next, go ahead and install the following packs: Multiplayer Pack (6.0 GB), Multiplayer and Special Ops Pack (6.7 GB), Multiplayer Pack 2 (22.1 GB). Warning: It is crucial to stay inside the game while these packs are installed.
- After the missing multiplayer packs are finished installing, simply you are able to reboot your PlayStation5 console and see if the issue is fixed now.
How to Install Required COD: Modern Warfare Multiplayer Packs on Xbox Series?
On Xbox Series X, you will be able to fix this problem by searching for the game on the Microsoft Store and then scroll down to the ‘In This Bundle‘ category for installing every missing package which is required for the multiplayer mode.
Here is what you need to do:
- From the home screen of your Xbox Series console, you are able to access the Microsoft Store.
- Once inside, you have to use the search function to search for “Modern Warfare” and then access the game listing from the list of results.
- After you are inside the store listing, you are able to scroll all the way down to ‘In this bundle‘ category and you are going to see a list of all the available game packs.
- Afterwards, go ahead and use this menu to install each of the multiplayer packages on top of the base game: Multiplayer Pack (6.0 GB), Multiplayer and Special Ops Pack (6.7 GB), Multiplayer Pack 2 (22.1 GB)
- Once every missing multiplayer pack is installed, you only need to reboot your console and see if the issue is now solved.
Other Ways to Solve Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Multiplayer Not Working
Here are other ways to solve Call of Duty: Modern Warfare multiplayer not working:
Way 1: Launch Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Separately
Since Activision decided to incorporate COD: Modern Warfare Multiplayer and Warzone inside Call of Duty Cold War, it has been an ongoing problem. We get information that there are some Call of Duty users who said that the Multiplayer mode of COD: Modern Warfare cannot be accessed via the Cold War launcher. However, you do not be sad as there is a solution which works for PC, PlayStation and Xbox consoles. Now, the users of COD are able to launch Call of Duty: Modern Warfare separately.
For those who are having this problem while trying to launch COD: Modern Warfare from the Cold War launcher, you have to stay away from it. Instead, you will be able to launch the game from its dedicated launcher. For those who are on PC, you have to double-click on the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare executable. For those who are on a console, you have to launch the COD: Modern Warfare from its dedicated listing and not from the Cold War interface.
Way 2: Clear the Cache of Your Console or Game Launcher
Apparently, this problem is most likely associated with the cache issue. Most likely, you have already installed COD: Warzone Pacific first. And now the temporary files generated by this game version prevent your system from recognizing the ownership of the paid version of Modern Warfare. This issue affects the ability of users to play any multiplayer mode, other than Call of Duty: Warzone Pacific. For this case, you are able to solve the problem quickly by clearing the cache of your console or game launcher. The steps for doing that will be different depending on which console you are using.