One of the most problem that Discord users face is the Discord RTC Connecting No Route error. This is a voice connection error which will make it difficult to talk to your friends over this popular VOIP platform. Well, in this page, we are going to share some possible solutions if you have been experiencing connection issues or encountered the RTC error.
Discord RTC Connecting Issue. Here’s solution.
Apparently, there are some methods that you can try to fix your RTC Connecting issues on Discord:
Method 1: Restart Your Modem, Router and Computer.
One of the first things that you can try once solving the RCT connecting issue on Discord is to reset your entire system: Modem, Router and computer. We get information that most Discord users who have encountered this issue were able to solve their issue with this simple step.
- Discord RTC Connecting Issue. Here’s solution.
- Method 1: Restart Your Modem, Router and Computer.
- Method 2: Uninstall 3rd Party Firewall
- Method 3: Check Your VPN or Use One with UDP
- Method 4: Check Whether Discord is Blocked by Your Network Admin
- Here is what you have to do:
- Method 5: Change Server Voice Region on Discord
- Method 6: Disable Quality of Service on Discord
- More info: Top 10 Best KissCartoon Alternatives 2020
You are able to verify whether this problem is temporary by restarting your router (or modem) and your computer. It is not necessary to reset the network settings of your route, simply you are able to unplug the power cable and plug it back in. After that, verify whether you are able to connect to Discord voice servers without the RCT connecting issue. If the issue is still occurring, continue with the next solution.
Method 2: Uninstall 3rd Party Firewall
Another possible cause for the RCT connecting issue is an overprotective AV or Firewall which is preventing Discord from maintaining Outgoing Connections. The only method to know whether this scenario applies is to uninstall your antivirus solution completely and then see if Discord managed to connect to a new voice server. Here is a guide on how to do this correctly:
- At the first step, press Windows key + R to open a Run dialog box. Please type “appwiz.cpl” and then press Enter to open up Programs and Features.
- Inside Programs and Features, simply scroll down to locate your 3rd party security solution. Right-click on it and select Uninstall.
- Now, you are able to follow the on-screen prompts to uninstall the third-party AV or firewall from your system.
- Please follow this guide to make sure that you remove every leftover file from the security solution.
- lastly, you need to reboot your computer and check if Discord can connect without error.
Method 3: Check Your VPN or Use One with UDP
This error is also reported to occur when the user is actively using a VPN solution which is not configured to use User Datagram Protocol (UDP). This issue may happens as Discord is not designed to run with VPNs which are not using the User Datagram Protocol (UDP). If you are using a VPN solution, you have to consult the service provider site for information about the usage of UDP. Also, you are able to verify whether the VPN is causing the error by disabling it and then trying to connect to Discord to a new voice server. If you know that your VPN is indeed causing the error, so you are able to set for a different VPN or keep the anonymity service as disabled while you are using Discord.
Method 4: Check Whether Discord is Blocked by Your Network Admin
If you are only encountering this issue when trying to use Discord from a work or school network, the communication apps have likely been blocked by the network administrator. Even though this can get you in trouble, there is one way you can make to allow Discord to communicate with outside servers and circumvent the RCT connecting issue.
Here is what you have to do:
- At the first step, press Windows key + R to open a Run dialog box. Next, type “control” and press Enter to open the Control Panel.
- Inside the Control Panel, you have to go to Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center. Next, click on the Connections hyperlink associated with your Private network connection.
- In the next window, simply click on Properties.
- In the Properties screen of your connection, you need to go to the Networking tab, choose Internet Protocol Version 4 and click on Properties again.
- The next step is to move down to the DNS server settings. And you need to select to the option; Use the following DNS server addresses. Then, set the value of Preferred DNS server to 8 8 8 8 and the value of Alternate DNS server to 8 8 4 4. Please click OK to save the changes.
- Lastly, you are able to close all opened windows and reboot your computer.
Method 5: Change Server Voice Region on Discord
If you are the admin of your Discord channel, you will be able to change the server region. Selecting a region which is closer to your location can solve your voice chat. Follow this steps below:
- Please click your server’s name in the upper left-hand side of the application, and then select “Server Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- After that, click on the Change button under the Server Region option.
- The last step, choose your server region from the options.
Method 6: Disable Quality of Service on Discord
There are some Discord users who claimed that disabling the Quality of Service (QoS) settings on their account solved the RTC connecting error on Discord. Here is step by step to do:
- Firstly, click the settings icon (cog) next to your Discord name on the lower left-hand side of the app.
- After that, you have to find the “Voice and Video” option underneath the “App Settings” section in the sidebar.
- Then, you are able to scroll down the page until you see the “Enable Quality of Service High Packet Priority” section. Please toggle the setting to off.
- The last step, you only need to restart Discord to check if the error has been fixed.